April 20, 2009

The 4/20 Post

Today as I logged in to my beloved Facebook account, I casually browsed the news feed and read the smartest, most eloquent explanation of why I don't personally take part in 4/20 festivities, or smoke dope at that. Here is what my boy Luis said:

"wants to thank all the 4/20 enthusiasts at CU for devalueing his degree. Also, I'm sure Los Zetas, Gulf Cartel, Juatez Cartel and Sinaloa Carrel appreciate your consumption which is helping to fatten their wallets and continue to fund the thousands of murders and kidnappings put forth to supply your pastime on a daily basis"

Brilliant. Why? Because it couldn't be any more true...from the first to the last, this is the kind of statement that people read and, even if they don't agree with it, it impacts them and is engrained into their mind and even their heart. You might think I'm full of shit but think about it. When you read that quote, does it not make you think and by the end of it you're saying in your head "shit, never thought of it that way." If it doesn't then you could give a shit less about anything but yourself and your cracka ass cracka weed habit. Shout out to REAL TALK and standing for what's good. Just when you think that those people don't exist, something like this shows up.

No comments: